on March 30, 2007
Are you a die-hard programmer? Do the terms Java and Object-oriented
programming excite you? Then this position may be for you.
WHO YOU ARE!
First and foremost, we are looking for a programmer.
The specific programming languages you have learnt are not
as relevant as your ability to pick up new languages quickly.
Any of the following skills (listed below in order of importance)
would be helpful, but are not required:
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming concepts.
- Good working knowledge of Java.
- Working knowledge of J2EE.
- Knowledge of Design Patterns.
- Well-versed in XP methodology.
- Experience with Supply Chain Management or related applications
in large-scale deployments is a big plus.
As a Java Developer, your primary goal will be to develop
first-class, enterprise software through the use of best practices
in software development, with the engineering team. You will
work closely with members of the engineering team, project
managers, and even directly with customers to quickly understand
complicated requirements, to arrive at quality solutions.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing J2EE applications using EJBs, JMS, etc.
- Working within our XP methodology, which includes continuous
integration, unit tests, etc.
- Learning and operating open-source tools.
- Writing quality design documentation.
- Writing quality customer-facing documentation.
- Working on a wide-range of problem sets, for internal
and external applications.
- Implementing best practices for software development and
We have both full-time and freelance* positions available.
For immediate consideration, please email your brief letter
of interest and curriculum vitae to the attention of Maisie
Chui at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include in the subject field the position you are
Software Developer: <Insert
freelance or full-time>
We prefer freelancers to work at our office in PJ, but may
still consider those who wish to work off-site. This position
may be transferable to a permanent position at a later date.
You will be paid daily for your work. Exact compensation is
negotiable based on your experience. You will be given small
jobs (1-2 days of work) at first, and this will grow with