| POSITION AVAILABLE
SENIOR JAVA DEVELOPER
Posted on March 30, 2007
Are you a die-hard programmer? Do the terms Java and Object-oriented
programming excite you? Then this position may be for you.
WHO YOU ARE!
First and foremost, we are looking for an experienced
programmer. You have proven experience with Java and J2EE
development, a collaborative approach, excellent troubleshooting
skills, strong analytical skills, good communication and people
skills, and a proven track-record of working in a team, to
successfully design, develop, test and deliver first-class,
The following experience would be helpful:
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming concepts.
- Extensive knowledge of Java and J2EE.
- Deep understanding and proficient use of design patterns.
- Well-versed in XP methodology.
- Extensive software development experience.
- Experience with Supply Chain Management or related applications
in large-scale deployments is a big plus.
As a Senior Java Developer, your technical expertise will
play a significant role in the engineering team, on software
design and development. You will work closely with members
of the engineering team, project managers, and even directly
with customers to quickly understand complicated requirements,
to arrive at quality solutions.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing J2EE applications using EJBs, JMS, etc.
- Working within our XP methodology, which includes continuous
integration, unit tests, etc.
- Learning and operating open-source tools.
- Writing quality design documentation.
- Writing quality customer-facing documentation.
- Working on a wide-range of problem sets, for internal
and external applications.
- Implementing best practices for software development and
We have both full-time and freelance* positions available.
For immediate consideration, please email your brief letter
of interest and curriculum vitae to the attention of Maisie
Chui at email@example.com.
Please include in the subject field the position you are
Senior Java Developer: <Insert
freelance or full-time>
We prefer freelancers to work at our office in PJ, but may
still consider those who wish to work off-site. This position
may be transferable to a permanent position at a later date.
You will be paid daily for your work. Exact compensation is
negotiable based on your experience. You will be given small
jobs (1-2 days of work) at first, and this will grow with